Monday, September 10, 2007

My Grandparents

My grandparents have been a very essential part of my life, especially on my mother's side.
On my father's side, my grandfather is no longer with us. He passed away when I was only about 18 months old. My grandmother is with us, but I don't see her as often as I would like to. When I was two years old my parents split, and my mother, my brother, and I moved in with my grandparents. We lived with them for about a year, and ever since then they have been a very influencial part of my life. My grandfather was a doctor. He used to take me into work and let me interact with the patients. Ever since then, I have had the passion for helping people and wish to follow in his footsteps and become a doctor, hopefully half as good as him. My grandma has always been the very nurturing kind of woman, especially with me! She has taught me how to cook, and clean. I don't think she minded teaching me how to clean, since I helped her get her chores done. To this day I help my grandparents as much as I can, since I know I owe it to them. They are the foundation on which I was raised. Without them, I might not be who I am today.

No comments: