Wednesday, November 7, 2007

cliches

By Dr. Meyer's corrections I use cliches way more than I thought I did. The only one I can remember is the one that I just corrected in my last paper. The sandwich will "melt in your mouth". I guess I didn't realize that using them was wrong, no offense Dr. Meyer. I can see where they are over used and not creative, but people shouldn't get to claim those phrases. It's taking away from the options I have as a writer. I also used "life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get' this year too. As a teenager we also coin phrases that are "hip". "Coin" might also be a cliche, not sure. The 80's had all those, and so on. I don't know which ones belong to which generation, but there is groovy, and rightous(SP), totally, and far out. Now we say "pretty much" and "pretty sure". It's basically this; my generation has come up with ways for us to be more snotty and sarcastic. It sound good right? Oh also, just to add to my November 7th blog, I would like to formally announce my turning of age. Finally I am 18, and I can do whatever I want...yeah right.

No comments: