Monday, October 8, 2007

colombus or native american day

I have heard some controversy over this issue. People say that they shouldn't be together since Colombus took Native Americans with him to be slaves. I understand that issue. At the same time I see it differently. It's not a day to celebrate enslaving Native Americans. It's more of a way to honor them. They were here first. To me it's a day of celebration for all of us as a whole. It's the day that this very place we are, was discovered. We should all be thankful for that. As far as I'm concerned, if people have a big to do about it, we should just change the name. I have no idea what it should be, but somebody could think of something that compromises. If I had to pick though, I would think Colombus Day makes more sense. After all, he was the one who got lost in the first place.

No comments: