Wednesday, October 17, 2007

writing is not a contest

I'm down tonight, basically because of the fact that I do disagree with this statement. I didnt do so well on a paper that I had spend a lot of time on. The fact that I know others that might not be as good of writers as I scored better because, for some reason, I can't manage to get my sourcing down really bugs me. I'm a very competitive person, so I do take writing as a contest. It's a competition to see who can earn the best grade or at least tie for it. I settle for ties. To be at the low end for me is hard. Writing may not be a contest to all. It all depends on the person's attitude and the way they look at their writing. Chances are, if a person isn't very passionate about something, they aren't going to fight for it.

No comments: