Thursday, October 25, 2007

a place i like

I like to hike. My favorite place to hike is Harney Peak in the Black Hills, South Dakota. It is such a wonderful place. First you start the hike in a winding valley filled with butterflies and a different array of colorful flowers. Then it stretches into a stiff hill. It is quite short, but it gets your heart pumping. The trees extend way over your head. The tall rocks that belong to Needles Highway lay above your head for part of the trip, and the next thing you know they are down by your feet. I love the experience of going all the way from the bottom and looking at the top likes its an unreachable source, and then finally being on the top looking down and out at the horizon line. It's an unbelievable experience that I enjoy so much I've done it every summer for the past eight years.

No comments: